Eligibility & Requirements
To be eligible for the Pinch VR Innovation Lab students must be Canadian citizens under 30 years of age enrolled in a Canadian post-secondary digital media, design, or engineering program. Below are minimum skillset requirements for consideration:
Interactive VR Designer
- Minimum 3 years experience with Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Strong User Interface Design & User Experience skills
- Strong conceptual illustration and storyboarding fundamentals
- Strong understanding of typographic and proportions
- Ability to problem solve quickly within defined restrictions
- Provide online portfolio of diverse solutions & projects
- Standout Candidates have motion graphics experience
- Standout Candidates have previous VR UX/UI experience
Unity3D VR Developer
- Minimum 2 years experience with Unity3D
- Must have Google Cardboard or Google VR SDK experience
- Proficient in Unity3D environment workflow Unity3D’s UI system
- Efficient problem solver given tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Unity3D components, how prefabs work, basic project setup and understanding of publishing settings for optimization
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Demonstrate understanding of Unity's basic scripting API and functions such as event systems, Raycasts, primitive colliders etc.
- Demonstrate understanding of mobile VR optimization for iOS and Android ie. poly optimization, lightmap baking, UI handling, reducing draw calls when needed etc.
- Standout Candidates have knowledge of Unity Networking (ie. Photon Networking, UNET etc.
- Standout Candidates have experience deploying mobile VR to App/Play Stores